Celebrations all around – here we go. Keeping up with at-least-two-century-long tradition born out of Munich to celebrate a royal marriage, Oktoberfest maintains its edge of modernity with annual worldwide celebrations made up of a host of entertainment that began with horseracing accompanied by feasting of delicious German foods & beer, parades, and the fun of dressing up.
Sound fun? Happy Wednesday presents Oktoberfest at Happy Valley Racecourse with a plethora of entertainment featuring the sensational horse races, a punchy live German band, authentic trackside Bavarian-inspired foods, and an abundance of German beers.
Spanning three Wednesdays in a row starting on Sep 26, the first of which opens with an extravagant ceremony hosted by The Hong Kong Jockey Club’s CEO, Mr. Engelbrecht-Bresges accompanied by Consul General of Germany, Mr. Dieter Lamlé, and continuing to Oct 3 before finally closing on the Oct 10, here’s the party plan:
- Music Mania: resident band Carnivale is opening up the season and it sure is going to be a loud night
- Eat & Drink: San Miguel and German beers Lowebrau and Paulaner are here to please your taste buds. Prost to authentic German draft beer and succulent German eats
- Play: Lowebrau, Paulaner, and San Miguel sure are your friends when it comes to beers – they’re also your gaming choices of the night. Hosting a ton of games: the Stein Hoisting Challenge (aka the game of holding beer-filled mugs as long as one can), Table Curling, and Cornhole Challenge, the beer giants are also giving away awesome prizes including a total of $12,000 in cash prizes (Stein Hoisting Challenge), hats and barrel aprons to help you look the part.
- Win: As always, get in on the Best Photo Contest and share your #HappyWednesdayHK moments for a chance to win round-trip flights all over Asia each and every Wednesday
- Dance: move along with the hip choreography of DDC Breakdance, a familiar Lederhosen name, and let the bona fide sounds of DDFK and the cool vibes of Rock Oompahs take you on a musical ride. Get in on the fun.
Roasted Pork Knuckle with Sauerkraut & Gherkin - HK$125
Poached Pork Knuckle with Sauerkraut & Gherkin - HK$125
Mixed Sausages with Sauerkraut & Gherkin (Cheese Krainer, München, Nürnberger) - HK$75
Sauerkraut and German Mustard Super Hot Dog - HK$60
Pretzels with Obatzda Dips - HK$43
Roasted Chicken, Potato Wedges and Beer Gravy - HK$85
Oktoberfest Roll (Pork Knuckle Meat, Sauerkraut, Gherkin and Cheese) - HK$68
Spicy Chicken Wings with Ketchup - HK$55